Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Using Field Parameters in Matrix Table

Gurus, 

My situation.  I have a standard matrix table being used to show %growth as a 'heatmap'.  Rows/Columns are dimensions ie  Geo and Product.   All is fine.   I then setup a parameter to allow users to change the columns (Matrix Column Parameter)  and/or Rows (Matrix Row Parameter).   Each would have a list of dimensions..  Geo, Product, Trade Class, etc.  

One cannot have row and column be the same dimension.  So is there a ways to grey out or remove dymanically if already selected in the other dimension?   ie if user picks Geo in rows, Geo should be gone/not selectable in the column paramter.

ideas?

thx

james

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@james_batchelor , You can get what is selected using a measure like

What is selected = maxx(filter('Axis Slicer', 'Axis Slicer'[Axis Slicer Order]= SELECTEDVALUE('Axis Slicer'[Axis Slicer Order])),'Axis Slicer'[Axis Slicer])

hen you can havve measure

countrows(filter('Axis Slicer2','Axis Slicer2'[Axis Slicer] <> [What is selected]))

Use this as visual level filter , filter for non blank and check

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@james_batchelor , You can get what is selected using a measure like

What is selected = maxx(filter('Axis Slicer', 'Axis Slicer'[Axis Slicer Order]= SELECTEDVALUE('Axis Slicer'[Axis Slicer Order])),'Axis Slicer'[Axis Slicer])

hen you can havve measure

countrows(filter('Axis Slicer2','Axis Slicer2'[Axis Slicer] <> [What is selected]))

Use this as visual level filter , filter for non blank and check

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.