Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

darrylwjk
Frequent Visitor

Using A Dynamic Text Box To Set Budget Limit

Hi, 

I have a problem and not sure if power bi is able to do it. Basically , I have been creating a column with the formula below for each category.  It is to set limits to see how many transactions and the total expense for the over and under limit transactions.

Formula:

Gifts = IF(AND('India Expenses'[Expense Type] = "Gifts" , 'Expenses'[Expense Amount ] >= 2850 ),"Gifts Above Policy","Gifts Within Policy")

So I was wondering is power bi able to create a dynamic text box filter where the user can key in the limit amount and the charts would change accordingly based on the value keyed in. As it is quite troublesome to have to edit the formula everytime a limit is changed.

Really appreciate if anyone knows what is the best way to do this!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @darrylwjk,

It is not possible to create a text box where you can enter the limit which is then feeded back to the data model. A workaround that I can suggest is to create a table having a column which is set to have a range in which your limit might lie. Then you can use that column as a slicer. That should do the trick.

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!

Consider taking a look at my blog: Forecast Period - Graphical Comparison 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @darrylwjk,

It is not possible to create a text box where you can enter the limit which is then feeded back to the data model. A workaround that I can suggest is to create a table having a column which is set to have a range in which your limit might lie. Then you can use that column as a slicer. That should do the trick.

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!

Consider taking a look at my blog: Forecast Period - Graphical Comparison 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.