Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Melinda
Frequent Visitor

Users with free license cant see reports hosted in workspace with premium per capacity

I have a report into a workspace with premium capacity , some users mentioned that they cant see the report into of the workspace becuase they are getting an message  to upgrade pro license. Currently They have a power free account and I've invited them as members to this workspace. Should they upgrade  to license pro? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Melinda 

Please refer to below tutorial.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-features#workspaces-and-roles 

Collaborating and sharing in workspaces requires that workspace owners, who have Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses, assign you a role in that workspace.

Roles determine who can do what in that workspace. Free users are assigned the Viewer role. Being assigned any other role requires that a free user upgrade to Pro or PPU.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Melinda
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. This solved my issue.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Melinda 

Please refer to below tutorial.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-features#workspaces-and-roles 

Collaborating and sharing in workspaces requires that workspace owners, who have Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses, assign you a role in that workspace.

Roles determine who can do what in that workspace. Free users are assigned the Viewer role. Being assigned any other role requires that a free user upgrade to Pro or PPU.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.