Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AMD0791
Advocate II
Advocate II

Users unable to connect to Dataflow Gen2 tables

I have a Gen2 dataflow that is a single table serving as a traditional dataflow for Power BI users and they have been consuming this dataflow in PowerBI Desktop for weeks with no issue and it worked as expected even last week.  This week, they can no longer see the table in the dataflow.

To troubleshoot, I had multiple users try connecting to the same table in a new query (see mockup in image).  They could navigate to  "Dataflow A1(Gen2)" in the list, but the orange highlighted table is just not listed for them.  But they can connect to the tables in "Dataflow A2 (Gen1)" and import the data. 

AMD0791_0-1711137283651.png

I can connect to the dataflow , and I have no trouble importing the orange highlighted table (Table1 in Dataflow A1), so I'm confident that the dataflow and table are valid. 

I'm trying to figure out what's changed in the past 7-10 days that interferes with users being able to connect to the table in this dataflow. The end users have the "Viewer" role in the workspace and have been set up that way forever.   It seems like something has changed in the permissions model, but I have not been able to find any documentation outlining such changes.

Thank you for your assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AMD0791 ,

Could you please confirm if any changes were made to the workspace, dataflow settings, or user roles in the past 7-10 days? Additionally, it would be helpful to know if the issue persists for all users with the "Viewer" role or if it's isolated to specific users.

If you're probably using a Dataverse table as the destination for your standard dataflow. Use the Dataverse/CDS connector instead or consider switching to an analytical dataflow.
Power Query Dataflow connector Frequently asked questions

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly--How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum--China Power BI User Group

To my knowledge, there have been no changes to any settings in the past couple weeks.  I do not have access to any logging to confirm -- just my best memory if I did anything.  I do know that these users have been in the "Viewer" role for at least 2 months.

This particular dataflow is only used by a  couple users and they both see the same behavior.   I would need to recruit users with no interest in this data to do broader testing of the user base.

This is a Fabric Gen2 dataflow with no destination defined and the tables enabled for staging. I am able to connect to it and pull the data without any issues.  I'm not sure how the idea of a Dataverse table fits in this scenario.  I'm also not sure what it would mean to "switch to an analytical dataflow".

Thank you for your reply and assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.