Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

emilypatella

Unique Value Based on Filter Criteria

I have a column in excel called unique inspection. It gives me a true/false value based on how many times an inspection number is listed in another column. Now this is what I need in Power BI:

I need a true/false formula that adjusts based on what is being filtered...for example, 32 inspections had at least 1 maint violation. But the report only shows 28 inspections because those 28 have a value of "true" in the unique inspection column because maint was the first type of violation listed for those particular inspections. How do I get it to say the correct number of unique inspections when filtered based on a certain type of violation but still give the correct number of unique inspections when no filter is applied?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After searching a little more, I found out that I just needed to use the Dinstint Count formula. Really easy! Thank you for responding!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@emilypatella Could you provide a sample data set with expected outcome? Might help in determining the appropriate calculation.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

After searching a little more, I found out that I just needed to use the Dinstint Count formula. Really easy! Thank you for responding!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.