Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

smileamile2
Resolver I
Resolver I

Unable to type date in "between" date slicer

Seems like this changed in a recent update. I have a date slicer set to between date range. When I select either of the dates, it forces me to use a calendar selection. If I want to select a date that's far away, it's a lot of clicks rather than typing it in. Is there a way to turn that off or make the experience better?

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

What I was looking for, as Admin says, ESC and solved. Thanks a lot!!

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smileamile2

In which version of Power BI Desktop do you notice this? Based on my test with the latest version 2.104.941.0 64-bit (April 2022), I can click on the date value (not the calendar icon) and edit the date. 

vjingzhang_0-1652173411848.png

To select a date quickly, you can click on "January 2022" (in below image), then switch month in the month list and click Up/Down arrow to change year value. 

vjingzhang_1-1652174040459.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

@v-jingzhang I have the same version. The weird part is that the calendar icons are not on there. They were initially, but after publishing they disappeared.

smileamile2_0-1652198257169.png

Hi @smileamile2 

Do you mean the calendar icons disappeared in Power BI Service but existed in Power BI Desktop? 

I couldn't reproduce this at my side. The date slicer in my report works well in both desktop and service. Can you please provide a sample pbix which can reproduce this problem? Is it possible to change the background color of the date slicer to a light color? 

Jing

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @smileamile2 

Once you click on the Start Date or End Date, the calendar box appears (as you've mentioned).  You can then press "ESC" key and this will let you get back to manually typing in the dates you want.

Hope this helps.

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.