Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

USERELATIONSHIP Function

I have two tables, one lists "UserID" and other lists "TechMgrID," "CustServiceRepID," and "PMMgrID"

I have a third table that lists "CreatedByUserID," which I also created a relationship to "UserID"

I need to calculate how many "Notes" were created by the CustServiceRep, the TechMgr, and the PMMgr.

Capture.JPG

I tried

COL Notes = CALCULATE(COUNTA('dpmgr tblContactNotes'[Note]), 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsSystem] = 0, 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsAuto]= 0, USERELATIONSHIP('dpmgr tblContacts'[CustServiceRepID], 'dpmgr vwJMWebUsersSystemALL'[UserID]))

and changed the formula accordingly, but I don't think I'm getting the result I need.  I need the count of how many notes were entered by each role

5 REPLIES 5
bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

I have two tables, one lists "UserID" and other lists "TechMgrID," "CustServiceRepID," and "PMMgrID"

I have a third table that lists "CreatedByUserID," which I also created a relationship to "UserID"

I need to calculate how many "Notes" were created by the CustServiceRep, the TechMgr, and the PMMgr.

I tried

COL Notes = CALCULATE(COUNTA('dpmgr tblContactNotes'[Note]), 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsSystem] = 0, 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsAuto]= 0, USERELATIONSHIP('dpmgr tblContacts'[CustServiceRepID], 'dpmgr vwJMWebUsersSystemALL'[UserID]))

and changed the formula accordingly, but I don't think I'm getting the result I need.  I need the count of how many notes were entered by each role

Cool,

According to your formula it will give u the Count of Notes from CustServiceRepID and UserID relationship.

1. when u use userelationship , other relationshiop on the table is disconnected automatically.

2. If u want the count of ALL note from the Existing three connection. u have to calculated at three level like 

Measure =

Var CustServiceRepID = CALCULATE(COUNTA('dpmgr tblContactNotes'[Note]), 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsSystem] = 0, 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsAuto]= 0, USERELATIONSHIP('dpmgr tblContacts'[CustServiceRepID], 'dpmgr vwJMWebUsersSystemALL'[UserID]))

Var PMMgrID = CALCULATE(COUNTA('dpmgr tblContactNotes'[Note]), 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsSystem] = 0, 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsAuto]= 0, USERELATIONSHIP('dpmgr tblContacts'[PMMgrID ], 'dpmgr vwJMWebUsersSystemALL'[UserID]))

var CreatedByUserID = CALCULATE(COUNTA('dpmgr tblContactNotes'[Note]), 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsSystem] = 0, 'dpmgr tblContactNotes'[IsAuto]= 0)

Result = CustServiceRepID  + PMMgrID + CreatedByUserID 

Let me know if any help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked for me , thank you !

@Baskar

These are the formulas I used, but they seem to be giving the same data and not correct data. They're all identical

Capture.JPG

Hi @bhmiller89,

If you want know how to use userelationship function, you can refer to Marco Russo's article:

userelationship-in-calculated-columns

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.