Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rumittal
Employee
Employee

URL filter values with speical character

Hi,

I am trying to use dyamically created URL fitlers in my power bi report. 

however, when my parameter value has special charactes like '&', power bi is not able to take and apply the parameter value.

For eg, for URL fitler : https://msit.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/10d98e13-2e78-4690-a4e8-c295f15c8671/ReportSectiondc120b8... eq 'Outlook & Office 365 Shared'

It doesnt understand & and takes only 'Outlook

could you please help with , if there is a different way to pass such characters, even in Parameter value field ?

3 REPLIES 3
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rumittal  You need to use the Unicode for the special characters. In this case use _x0026_ for &

eq 'Outlook'_x0026_'Office 365 Shared'

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

@PattemManohar, Thanks for the response! 

Is there a way to replace such characters with their Unicode through some function ? 

As the URL parameter values will be coming from DB, it would be difficult to predict or hardcode each and every instance .

@PattemManohar, The suggestion doesnt seem to be working for me -- giving eq 'Outlook'_x0026_'Office 365 Shared' , it not able to convert & in value to _x0026_ 

does this unicode logic hold for Fitler values also or only for fitler column/table names ? Is there any other alternative?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.