Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

paulovandeveld
Frequent Visitor

Trouble on creating a report filtering one ID on multiple rows of a table

Hello.

I had two tables, A and B. Table A has Number as primary key and Table B has ID as primary key and they have almost the same values. I created a column "MergedID" merging those two tables in only one table and now I have a Table 3 with two rows for each ID, one with the attributes on Table 1 (and null for attributes of Table 2) and the other with the attributes on Table 2 (and null for attributes of Table 1). 

Now I am trying to create a simple dashboard with some tables to create some filters. I have one table with MergedID and when I click on a random ID, the other tables on the dashboard with columns x, and y (from table 2) show me the equivalent values, but when I create a table visualization for an attribute from Table 1 (let's say column z) and I click on some random ID, the column z table shows me blank. 

I tried combining the two rows in one, filling the nulls on each row with the value of the corresponding row, but I couldn't do it. Is there an easier way to do this report that I want to.

Thanks for your disposal.

Capturar.PNGCapturar2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @paulovandeveld,

Could you post your table structures with some sample/mock data and the expected result, so that we can better assist on this issue?

It's better to just share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

Thanks for your reply.

Let's assume I have this final table after merging two different tables.

Number     Code     Merged    Attribute(Number)        Attribute(Code)

001             null            001                     a                                 null

null             001            001                     null                               h 

002             null            002                     c                                  null

null             002            002                     null                                j

003             null            003                     e                                  null

null             003            003                     null                                l

On a dashboard, I create three "Table" visualizations, each with one attribute (Merged, Attribute(Number), Attribute(Code)), the real situation is represented in the first image on original post, the difference is that I used less visualizations in this example to make it simpler, but the logic is the same. What I want to do is to click, let's say, in 001 from the column Merged and the report returns to me highlighted, the values "a" from Attribute (Number) AND  "h" from Attribute(Code), because they are all in rows with Merged = 001. 

What the report returns for now is only the value "a", and null (blank) from Attribute(Code), and you can see a representation of that on the second image on original post, two tables returns me blank.

I hope that it is better explained.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.