Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mkhammel_2022_b

Trouble Signing into SQL database using microsoft account tab

When I try signing in to an SQL database that I am using for a dataset on the Microsoft account tab, it tells me to clear credentials.  I'll clear credentials that exist and then it still won't sign me in.  What should I do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mkhammel_2022_b ,

Upgrading PowerBI Desktop to the latest version may fix this error.

similiar solution:

we're unable to conect.please delete your credenti... - Microsoft Power BI Community

download link:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mkhammel_2022_b ,

Upgrading PowerBI Desktop to the latest version may fix this error.

similiar solution:

we're unable to conect.please delete your credenti... - Microsoft Power BI Community

download link:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mkhammel_2022_b

mkhammel_2022_b_0-1668200563070.png

Above is the error I get. 

I have gone into data source settings to clear the permissions and am able to clear/delete the global stored permissions but the not permissions on the file, which seemingly aren't working. 

Best!

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mkhammel_2022_b ,

Can you provide the manner in which you cleared the voucher? Do you clear the credentials and then reconnect to the sql data source in the following area.

vhenrykmstf_0-1668159464534.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related operation screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.