Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trend not showing Measured 0's when multiple lines are shown

I followed this thread (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Plot-zero-when-there-is-no-data-in-line-chart/m-p/507128#M2...) exactly.  I export our daily Azure costs by resource group.  The export doesn't include resource group/date entries when the cost is zero.  So I have a Calendar measure with associated cost (sum + 0).  If I'm displaying 1 trend line, it works perfecly.  But if I have more than 1 trend line, the trends change to look like the zeros don't exist (i.e. it connects the dots on non-zero days).  Am I missing something?

Here's what it looks like with multiple trend lines. That spikey one has a cost every few weeks, but is 0 the rest of the time.

Multiple Lines (Bad).png

Here's what that spikey line should look like (which it only works right when there's only 1 trend line).

1 Line (Good).png

Here is the Resource Group, Date, and Cost in a matrix.  Showing that the 0's are in fact there (even when multiple Resource Groups are selected like in this Matrix).

As Table.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I could't reproduce this. In my sample, it displays well when there are multiple lines. 

vjingzhang_0-1649409191803.png

I have attached my sample file. You can compare it with your file and find which difference may be the possible cause. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I could't reproduce this. In my sample, it displays well when there are multiple lines. 

vjingzhang_0-1649409191803.png

I have attached my sample file. You can compare it with your file and find which difference may be the possible cause. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.