Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

AndyTrezise
Helper II
Helper II

Treemap Visual

Is it possible to sort this visual when the data source is driven by a date column?

I'm trying to use it as a type of calendar / diary view for tasks that are scheduled over a selected period.

I understand the tile sizes are determined by the underlying data values and thus have to fit entire visual but it's difficult to read when the dates are scattered across the visual and not in any chronological order. Maybe there is a better visual suited to this purpose?

I've looked at the calendar Visual but can't get that working either - the tooltip for each tile would need to show details of what's scheduled on each day. The Calendar visual doesn't appear to have that sort of flxibility.

2 REPLIES 2

I don't think you can control the sort order. How about just using a bar chart. I guess it depends what you are trying to achieve. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Yeh...that would probably work but I wanted a visual that would more closely match the Outlook calendar.

The Treemap & Calendar visuals do work to a degree but fall short in terms of flexibility (i.e. sorting the tiles, adding additional extended tooltips etc.).

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors