Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI_Curve
Helper I
Helper I

Tracking Contact and Account with Activities Data from Dynamcis CRM

Can't find a similair enough case for a solution for this, anyhow, here's my issue:

I use Dynamics 365 CRM to which our staff track emails, phone calls, appointments etc. in the activities - usually regarding a contact, opportunity or account.

I'm trying to build a sort of hierarchical listing or map for our company from which employees at every level can see the engagement that's gone on above or below them.

For example: let's say an executive (Exec A) at my company (Company A) is planning to engage with an executive (Exec B1) from another company (Company B1). What s/he wants to know is if any engagements have happened previously with anything related to Exec B1 - this might have been with someone else in Company B1 or it could even be someone who works in a child company of Company B (we'll call the child company; Company B2).

This may get a little confusing:

So, for the sake of this example, let's imagine that I have previously spoken with an executive (Exec B2) who works for the subsidiary (Company B2) of Company B1. Exec A needs to know this without having to ask in person. I've already tracked my emails and phone calls in Dynamics under the Account entity for Company B2 and Exec B2.

I've looked at the different entities I can import and investigated the relationships I can create between them but I can't see a clear way to get this to work. Just some way to mark or tag contacts and accounts that have had previous engagement from my company would work.

Any advice would be appreciated, Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PBI_Curve,

Are you talking about analysing data in Power BI report?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Yes, the idea is to pull all "Activity" data (i.e. tracked emails, logged phone calls, meetings etc.) from Dynamics into a PBI Report that gives a high level overview of 'engaged' contacts/accounts.

Hi @PBI_Curve,

You could have a look at this tutorial about getting data from Dynamics CRM from Power BI desktop:

How to Connect Power BI to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.