Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeromeianmpbi

Total in Table Not showing

Hello all,

I need your help. I was trying to do a weighted score (Weighted Quality) for all of my scores so I made a new measure: Weighted Quality = [Quality Score] * MIN('Weighting'[Weighting]) and it worked. But unfortunately, the TOTALS at the bottom doesn't show the sum.

I tried replacing the MIN fx with SUM, but it didn't give me the correct weighted quality. I tried to convert the measure into a column to apply the SUM fxn, but it didn't work, either. 😕

Does anyone know how can I make another measure/column that shows the SUM of all values in the Weighted Quality measure? I can just hide the total in this table, but I need the sum value for another part of my dashboard.

Super thanks!!!

InkedInkedprob_LI.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Read my article here. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/use-sum-vs-sumx/#totals

Assuming your columns process A and Process B are in the same table along with the data, try this

=SUMX(summarize(tableName,TableName[Process A],TableName[Process B]), CALCULATE(whatever you have already written in your measure goes here))

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

It's hard to say without seeing the model. I can now see there are at least 2 tables, maybe more. It's impossible to say without seeing the tables, relationships, which columns are in each table, and what the quality score measure is. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Krutigawale33
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @jeromeianmpbi ,

Does the Quality Score and Weighting column are the Actual columns of the table? or this are also the calculated filed/measures. 

As I can see the total of Quality Score 99.55% which doesn't seem the total

Hi.

Quality Score is a calculated measure (not a column) in the same table. it is then multiplied into weighting found in another table. The logic is that for every Process A has it's own weight (example Core =0.2, BP= 0.1)

Read my article here. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/use-sum-vs-sumx/#totals

Assuming your columns process A and Process B are in the same table along with the data, try this

=SUMX(summarize(tableName,TableName[Process A],TableName[Process B]), CALCULATE(whatever you have already written in your measure goes here))

hi thanks for this! this looks promising as it started with summarizing. however, i got an error in loading this measure. Do you know what's off?

wq = SUMX(summarize(Main,Main[Process A], Main[Process B],
CALCULATE ([Quality Score]* MIN('Weighting'[Weighting]))))

OH NO. i just had an extra ) but this works now! super thanks Matt!

It's hard to say without seeing the model. I can now see there are at least 2 tables, maybe more. It's impossible to say without seeing the tables, relationships, which columns are in each table, and what the quality score measure is. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.