Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ADSL
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Total Sum Sales Target by Sales Rep

Dear All BI Expert,

As per screenshot attachment I am trying to total sum sales target by sales rep but when I create the measure below, it's not by sales rep and get the grand total. Could you please kindly assist to check and advise?

Measure:  Total Sales TarSales Target.jpgget = SUM('Sales Target'[Target_Amount])

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ADSL ,

According to your statemenet, I know that you want to sum the sales target grouping by Sales Rep. Here I suggest you to try ALLEXCEPT() function in your code.

Total Sum Sales Target by Sales Rep =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Sales Target'[Target_Amount] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Sales Target', 'Sales Target'[SalesRep Name] )
)

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ADSL ,

According to your statemenet, I know that you want to sum the sales target grouping by Sales Rep. Here I suggest you to try ALLEXCEPT() function in your code.

Total Sum Sales Target by Sales Rep =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Sales Target'[Target_Amount] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Sales Target', 'Sales Target'[SalesRep Name] )
)

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

Thank you for your feedback. For your measure I have been tried but it's not working.

After review and try again then it's working now.

Best Regards,

speedramps
Super User
Super User

We want to help you but your description is too vaugue.

There is no such column as " sales target by sales rep" in you exmple !

Also you are asking us to provide a solution without providing the underlying dataset structure ... we are not mind readers and dont know how your data is organised, which will determine the solution

Please write it again clearly.

Provide example input data as table text (not a screen print) so we can import the data to build a soution for you.
Also provide the example desired output, with a clear description of the process flow.

Don't care not to share private data.

Take care to use the same table and field names in the input, output and description so we can understand your problem and help you.

You will get a quick response if you put time and effort into writing clear problem descriptions.

Vaugue descriptions waste your time and ourtime.

Look foward to helping you when the above information is forthcoming.

Hi @speedramps ,

Thank you for feedback and advise. I will follow for next ticket/request.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.