Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Munawar1881
Helper II
Helper II

Total Order Value booked for next year comparison

write to community Hello everyone hope you all are doing well. I have situation please help me. I have three columns order Placement date order shipment date and order value column. The approx. 60% of the booking for the year 2023 was made on 2022 and rest on 2023.

I want to calculate the value of all booked orders for the year 2023 till January or February or March.

Example. From previous year till January my booked value for the year of 2023 was 60,000 till February it’s 80,000 and till march it’s 85,000

Comparison

Month

January

February

March

4 REPLIES 4
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

@Munawar1881 , Can you please provide what you want for output?

In need a DAX query to do that. hope you have understand the requirment.

Munawar1881_0-1678691934563.png

in this picture you can see that what ever is my placement date date is my shipment is the current year. In output I need the total order value till the month of January, February and March and may be later to compare the the value with previous year with same rules. 

I am using 

CALCULATE( [Turnover Booked], FILTER( 'Oculas', 'Oculas'[Placement Date] <= ENDOFMONTH('Oculas'[Placement Date]) && YEAR('Oculas'[Shipment Date]) = 2022 ) )

but not able to get the correct value. 

@Munawar1881 ,

Maybe I am not able to get the proper requirement here as I cannot see the dates in your screenshot.

What I understand is that you want to see monthly data of current year and at the same time you want to compare it with monthly data of the previous year.

If yes, then you can do as follows:

1. Create a date column

2. Create relationship between date table and your fact table

3. Create a DAX measures as follows:

CALCULATE( [Turnover Booked], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR ( dates[date] ) )

Hope this helps.

How can I compare the amount of orders received until February 2022, which were meant to be delivered in 2022 and collected starting from August 2021, with the amount of orders received in the same period in the previous year? The screenshot shows an order with a 2021 date but meant for 2022, and I want to analyze the amount of orders received up to February 2022.

hope had explained. the DAX you sent is for YTD sales or order date but my query is different.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.