Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Tooltip

Good morning, I'm new around here. Let's see if someone can help me:

I have a report in which I have added a (hidden) page with a chart to use as a "tooltip".

From PowerBi Desktop and from my work area it works perfectly, I put myself on top of a value and it shows me the graph

MarcosTTA_0-1646304880725.png

The problem I have is that when publishing on the web it stops working.

Does anyone know how I can make it work when accessing from the public link?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried another version of PowerBi to send you the link and it worked for me.

Then I updated the PowerBi Desktop in which I had problems and it already works perfectly for me.

Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

I have a similar scenario where I have created a custom tooltip in my report and have published that report to Power BI Service. I am able to see my tooltip there as well. See screenshot below:

Pragati11_0-1646307476698.png

Can you share some screenshot around what you are seeing in Power BI service?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Thanks for the reply!

In my workspace I can also see it, the problem I have here:

MarcosTTA_0-1646307730027.png

if I copy that link and open it, it loads the report and everything goes very smoothly but it does not show me the graph when passing over it

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

I am not sure about the screenshot you have shared as it doesn't show me your report visualisations long with the tooltip you are talking about.

Can you share a clear screenshot please?

Also what link are you talking about? Are you publishing your report to Web and using the link to view your report? If yes, it should also show the tooltip when hovering over your report chart.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

MarcosTTA_0-1646308579189.png

I don't show the full screen because there's customer data I don't want to show, sorry for not making a better capture.

If yes, what I do is publish the report on the web and use the link to see the report, that is where I do not see the information about tools.

I guess I'll have to activate some option but I don't know which one.

Thank you very much for the interest shown!

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

There is no option to enable tooltips.

If they work in Power BI Desktop, they work in Power BI Service and further when report is published to web.

The only thing I can further ask you to check is if you have defined your custom tooltip page as a Tooltip:

Pragati11_0-1646310902568.png

Can you also share your link to the report which is published to web and showing you the tooltip?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

I tried another version of PowerBi to send you the link and it worked for me.

Then I updated the PowerBi Desktop in which I had problems and it already works perfectly for me.

Thanks a lot!

HI @Syndicate_Admin ,

Do mark the appropriate solution to this thread so that others can benefit from it on the forum.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.