Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vicente-iii
Helper I
Helper I

Tooltip Not Displaying All Details in Line Chart

Hi,

I am having issues with using a line chart. It is not displaying all the details I need. I have 19 locations I want to display on my line chart but it seems like the tooltip can only display a maximum of 10. See this picture as an example.

Does anyone have an idea how I can display all 19 locations in 1 go?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vicente-iii 

It's not supported currently. Please kindly votes for the idea to bring the feature coming soon:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15993229-tooltip-should-show-more... 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amishra3

I am facing the same exact problem. In my case out 6 BU tooltip is showing only 4 when I am adding Y/Y growth. Its annoying as I am still not able to fix it. I know there is a way you data is local but mine is live connection with SSAS hence not gettign the option to do it.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vicente-iii 

It's not supported currently. Please kindly votes for the idea to bring the feature coming soon:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15993229-tooltip-should-show-more... 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vicente-iii 

I think there's a limit of 10 data points for the standard tooltip.

You could try creating a tooltip report page and adding that to your visual.

See here: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips 

Best regards,

Martyn

I'm actually hoping not to use the custom tooltip as displaying all 19 locations using custom tooltip will make the page really huge.

Also, it seems like line charts don't allow you to look at 1 individual line (or point) alone. It seems to look at every single point instead of just 1.

I don't know why the photo did not upload on my first post but here's the photo:

image.png

Hi @vicente-iii 

Could you add a visual level filter or a slicer to filter the line chart to a specific category?

That way, the line chart (and its tooltip) will only show the selected categories and values.

Best regards,

Martyn

If I answered your question, please help others by accepting it as a solution.

Hi @MartynRamsden ,

I considered that but I think it would not be so convenient for the end-user.

I guess I need to pick my poison then.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.