Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jesly_ajin
Helper III
Helper III

To find the expiry date from a string in Power Bi

Hi All,

I have a power bi column as below in which the Certifications column gives me the Sr No; Certification Name; Start Date; End Date separated by semicolon. But every new certificate of the employee is separated by |.

SO, when I select a date on the slicer, I need to show those certificates that expired before that date.

Please help.

jesly_ajin_0-1667309706979.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jesly_ajin ,

According to your screenshot, I can see that there will be multiple certifications in each title. Here I suggest you to try Split function in Power Query Editor to transform [Certifications] in your table.

>Split [Certifications] by " | " by row > Split [Certifications] by ";" by columns. > Rename the column names.

RicoZhou_0-1667376313498.png

Then the calculation will be easier.  You need to create an unrelated Dimdate table.

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO() 

Measure:

Measure = 
IF(MAX('Table'[End Date])<MAX('Calendar'[Date]),1,0)

Add this measure into visual level filter and set it to show items when value = 1.

RicoZhou_1-1667376716664.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jesly_ajin ,

According to your screenshot, I can see that there will be multiple certifications in each title. Here I suggest you to try Split function in Power Query Editor to transform [Certifications] in your table.

>Split [Certifications] by " | " by row > Split [Certifications] by ";" by columns. > Rename the column names.

RicoZhou_0-1667376313498.png

Then the calculation will be easier.  You need to create an unrelated Dimdate table.

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO() 

Measure:

Measure = 
IF(MAX('Table'[End Date])<MAX('Calendar'[Date]),1,0)

Add this measure into visual level filter and set it to show items when value = 1.

RicoZhou_1-1667376716664.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.