Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MitchM
Resolver II
Resolver II

Title Cursor Problems

Hi!

Has anyone else experience an issue where, when typing in a Title for any type of visual, after a few characters the cursor jumps from the box and you have to reclick in the title box to contiune typing? It happens every time for us, and while not a critical issue, it is super anoying.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MitchM,

Sorry for that.

I have confirmed by PG, this is a known issue. PG are working on the fix now. 

I will update here once I get any information. 

Here is a similar issue you could have a reference.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @MitchM,

If the issue you described is the cursor jumps from the box when you type the title under format, I'm afraid that is by design.

Capture.PNG

By my tests, the issue you said only occurs when title is turned off by default. If the titile is turned on by default or you type the title secondly, it will work as expected.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If I undersand what you are saying then this order of operation is intended:

1. I select visual

2. I toggle the title from off to on

3. I begin typing the title name

4. mid typing the cursor goes away and I have to re-click into the title box to continue typing my title

Is this what was designed to happend that makes no sense whatsoever.

Hi @MitchM,

Sorry for that.

I have confirmed by PG, this is a known issue. PG are working on the fix now. 

I will update here once I get any information. 

Here is a similar issue you could have a reference.

Best Regards,

Cherry

I echo what @MitchM @jthomson mentioned. I found the same behaviour.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Oh god yes, this happens to me all the time

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.