Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Westgate83
Frequent Visitor

Theme Help

I changed the theme colour in my report and when I reset it, all but one of the visuals in my report change. How can I get the visual which isn't updating to update to the correct colour theme? Regardless of which theme I choose, the colour remains.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Westgate83 ,

It sounds like you have a visual that is not updating its color when you change the theme of your report. This could be caused by several reasons, such as:

• The visual has a custom color that overrides the theme color.
  • The visual has a conditional formatting that changes the color based on some criteria.
  • The visual is using a different theme than the rest of the report.

To fix this problem, you can try some of these solutions:

• Revert to the default color: In Power BI Desktop, go to the Data Colors properties for the relevant visual and click on Revert to Default. This will remove any custom or conditional colors and apply the theme color.
  • Check the conditional formatting: In Power BI Desktop, go to the Format pane for the relevant visual and look for any options that have an fx icon next to them. This means that they have a conditional formatting applied. You can click on the fx icon and edit or remove the conditional formatting rules.
  • Use the same theme for all visuals: In Power BI Desktop, go to View > Themes and select the theme that you want to use for your report. This will apply the same theme to all visuals in your report. You can also create and import your own custom themes.

Solved: Visual Color not updating while pinning to dashboa... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Visuals not updating with latest data after refres... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Use visual elements to enhance Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Westgate83 ,

It sounds like you have a visual that is not updating its color when you change the theme of your report. This could be caused by several reasons, such as:

• The visual has a custom color that overrides the theme color.
  • The visual has a conditional formatting that changes the color based on some criteria.
  • The visual is using a different theme than the rest of the report.

To fix this problem, you can try some of these solutions:

• Revert to the default color: In Power BI Desktop, go to the Data Colors properties for the relevant visual and click on Revert to Default. This will remove any custom or conditional colors and apply the theme color.
  • Check the conditional formatting: In Power BI Desktop, go to the Format pane for the relevant visual and look for any options that have an fx icon next to them. This means that they have a conditional formatting applied. You can click on the fx icon and edit or remove the conditional formatting rules.
  • Use the same theme for all visuals: In Power BI Desktop, go to View > Themes and select the theme that you want to use for your report. This will apply the same theme to all visuals in your report. You can also create and import your own custom themes.

Solved: Visual Color not updating while pinning to dashboa... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Visuals not updating with latest data after refres... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Use visual elements to enhance Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I hadn't updated the colours in the visuals but I found a fix in the colour visuals which also has the result button and this has done then trick!

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Were the colors of that viusl manually updated prior to adding your theme? Try going to that viz and going into the formatting and selecting reset to default on the colors for it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.