Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

P0werBIn00b
Helper I
Helper I

Tableau Visual vs Power BI visual

Hello all,

I need help from someone with experience in both Power BI and Tableau.

Two useful features for me in Tableau are "Dual-Axis" and "Synchronize-axis" where I was able to create multiple charts and,

ability to put either measure or field into either rows or columns. 

I think both of these features seem to be lacking in PowerBI. I cannot merge dual-axis like in Tableau and I have to use pre-built charts which causes problems like it has restricted me using measure or field.

For example, the visual below is simple to create in Tableau but I cannot create it in Power BI. How do you guys as a previous Tableau user solve this problem?

P0werBIn00b_0-1704127748276.png

Help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What is the insight you are trying to convey with this visual?

@lbendlin 

I know we don't normally need to create such a visual when creating actual dashboards. But, those indicate the tools/software that I can use. It is for the CV that I prepared in Tableau.

The above is just an example of visuals in Tableau which seems to be difficult to create in Power BI. If you can tell me another way how to showcase my software skills in a visual in PowerBI, that would be helpful too.

I read an article that said that Dual Axis is not available in Power BI. So, that part is clear to me now. I just wanted the same flexibility for custom visualizations in Power BI too. But, I do understand that each tool has its specific features.

Dual Axis is available for standard line charts and combo column/line charts.  You can also create custom visuals with Deneb that can have more than two axis layers. 

As you already know from Tableau the visual type needs to match the story you want to tell with your data and the insights you want to facilitate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.