Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndreSouza

Table value as a filter

Hello everyone!

I have a problem to solve, but I have no idea on how to do this!

Here's the situation:

I have a report with a lot of slicers, like COMPANY AREAS, POSITION and, the most important, the TRAINNING TITLE. After the slicers selection, I have a table with the people who have finished the trainning and the date where they've done it.

I need to get the most recent conclusion date and compare it to the hiring date on ANOTHER table.

Is it possible?

Just to remember, the conclusion date is a variable! Trainning dates may vary from one area to another

4 REPLIES 4
Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Is there a common column between the two tables containing unique values? This is required to create a relationship between both the tables

Padycosmos, thank you for your time!

Unfortunately, this database is a mess... I have a many to many relationship. Is it possible to work around this situation?

I was trying to save something like a "snapshot" of a card value to another table and use it as a filter... but I wasn't able to store it as a variable. When I did that, I got a table with the latest date for every colaborator, not a single one for all of them.

I am quite skeptical about many to many relationships. It would be a good idea to create a table with Training ID ( containing unique values), Training Name and link it to both the tables)

Thank you for your support.

I solved the situation with a copy of the TRAINNING table, sorting by the first conclusion date, removing duplicates.

After that, applied a formula to change the value according to the rule of hiring date and then, created the relationship.

Again, thank you for the support and the ideas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.