Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shinym201290
Frequent Visitor

Sync Calculation group slicer and Field Parameter Slicer to show multiple measures

I have 2 pages in the report and multiple measures can be selected by the user and the selected measures needs to displayed on the matrix. To illustrate an example I have used 3 measures but in the actual report we have more than 10 measures.

Page -1 has a matrix built using field parameters ,multiple measures can be selected by the user.
Page1.png

Page1_Slicer.png

In Page 2, I have a calculation groups in the Matrix with the same measures as the Page 1 & I also have some Time Intelligence calculations done using calculation items in tabular editor. In this page I use a slicer from the calculation group inorder to select the measures Page 2.png

Page2_slicer.png

Is there a way to sync slicers from both pages, one slicer created from the field parameter and one slicer created from calculation groups.
You can also find the sample report and entire use case here.
Any help on this would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @shinym201290 

Not really sure if I understand what you mean, but believe that you have created the calculation item to do exactly the same thing as field parameters, you can use the period of the calculation item with the field parameters for selection of the measures. 

But if you want to have single selection and both the slicers change to the same value that is possible using the advance sync slicers, for this you need to a slicer both slicers on both pages with the setup of advance sync turn on for all slicers. However there is a change on the field parameters table that you need to do.

Add a new column to your field parameters table with the exact same text as you have on the first column, this is needed because when you use the first column you are picking up not only the name but also the table related. So your field parameter would look like this:

MFelix_2-1699559665882.png

Now do the sync slicers:

MFelix_1-1699559360787.png

In this case on both slicers you need to have the same name but the sync fields change turn off.

MFelix_3-1699559726638.png

MFelix_4-1699559776795.png

See the file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shinym201290
Frequent Visitor

@MFelix - Sorry, One more question, is it possible to sync a hierarchy slicer the same way ?
I am trying to do the same approach with hierarchy but unfortunately once I use hierarchy in the slicer, it does not sync anymore, even if they have same values.

shinym201290_0-1699609656963.png

Field Parameter

shinym201290_1-1699609702834.png

Calculation group

shinym201290_2-1699609731566.png

shinym201290
Frequent Visitor

@MFelix - Thank you! The solution you mentioned worked for me! 
I did try to use the advanced sync option but it wasn't working because I didn't create a calculated column for the Field Parameters. 

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @shinym201290 

Not really sure if I understand what you mean, but believe that you have created the calculation item to do exactly the same thing as field parameters, you can use the period of the calculation item with the field parameters for selection of the measures. 

But if you want to have single selection and both the slicers change to the same value that is possible using the advance sync slicers, for this you need to a slicer both slicers on both pages with the setup of advance sync turn on for all slicers. However there is a change on the field parameters table that you need to do.

Add a new column to your field parameters table with the exact same text as you have on the first column, this is needed because when you use the first column you are picking up not only the name but also the table related. So your field parameter would look like this:

MFelix_2-1699559665882.png

Now do the sync slicers:

MFelix_1-1699559360787.png

In this case on both slicers you need to have the same name but the sync fields change turn off.

MFelix_3-1699559726638.png

MFelix_4-1699559776795.png

See the file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.