Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Switch a row filter

Hi All,

I'm having trouble rapping my head around a calculation that shouldn't be too hard.

I have following visuals

1.PNG2.PNG

The first one is a visuals that shows me an overview of how many people are available.
The second one shows me a list of all people that are available.

So standard, the list shows ALL consultants, available or not available. (also the ones not showing in that waterfall viz).

Required result:
I would like to see the names list filtered on "Today" even when today is not filtered in the overview viz.
When "in 2 weeks" is selected, I only want the consultants available in 2 weeks to show up.
(Today, in 2 weeks,... are in the same table as the consultant name, 1 status per consultant)

Main question, how can I set it standard to "Today" filter?

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

You should be able to use this measure:

Measure 2 = IF(CALCULATE(ISFILTERED('Table (2)'[Status]),ALLSELECTED('Table (2)')),SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Status]),IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Status])="Today", "Today" , BLANK()))

But since its a measure it needs to be in the table to be evaluated properly, but you can just hide the column in your table. 
Nothing selectedNothing selectedIn 2 Weeks selectedIn 2 Weeks selected

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@RobbeVL ,

You can create a calculate column to flag today's data:

Flag =
IF ( Table[Date] = TODAY (), 1, 0 )

Then drag the Flag column to the visual pane and select '1':

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @v-yuta-msft ,

Thanks for the reply.

But is not really what I'm looking for.

As you can see in the visual, "Today" is already in a column. (it doesnt actually mean today).
The challenge is the filtering.

Basically, my names list needs to be standard filtered on that column "today". But when the viz I showed is filtered on "in 2 weeks", "today" filter should be replaced by "in 2 weeks".

I hope this is more clear.

Robbe

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

You should be able to use this measure:

Measure 2 = IF(CALCULATE(ISFILTERED('Table (2)'[Status]),ALLSELECTED('Table (2)')),SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Status]),IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Status])="Today", "Today" , BLANK()))

But since its a measure it needs to be in the table to be evaluated properly, but you can just hide the column in your table. 
Nothing selectedNothing selectedIn 2 Weeks selectedIn 2 Weeks selected

Connect on LinkedIn
RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Anyone?
Need more details?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.