Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BI_Noob
Frequent Visitor

Sum Aggregated Values With Multiple Filters based on Dynamic Range

Please Help

I have a large dataset with sales information aggregated by date, store#, and most imporantly by hour. See Below

Date _ StoreId _ Hour _ Online Orders _ Phone Orders _ Total Orders
Jan 1 _ 1X _ 10AM _ 50 _ 100 _ 150

Essentially - I'm trying to create a column flag of T/F to identify when a store has 3 consecutive hours of Online sales = 0 but Total Orders were > X. 

=AND(SUMIFS(OnlineOrders,DATE,[@DATE],StoreId,[@StoreId],Hour,OR([@Hour],[@Hour]+1,[@Hour]-1)) = 0, SUMIFS(TotalOrders,DATE,[@DATE],StoreId,[@StoreId],Hour,OR([@Hour],[@Hour]+1,[@Hour]-1)) > X

Can someone please help?

5 REPLIES 5
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BI_Noob ,

The same result export by this DAX expression:

Column =
VAR _f =
    FILTER (
        'Table',
        [Date] = EARLIER ( 'Table'[Date] )
            && [StoreId] = EARLIER ( 'Table'[StoreId] )
            && [Hour]
                >= EARLIER ( 'Table'[Hour] ) - 1
            && [Hour]
                <= EARLIER ( 'Table'[Hour] ) + 1
    )
RETURN
    AND ( SUMX ( _f, [Online Orders] ) = 0, SUMX ( _f, [Phone Orders] ) > 0 )

vchenwuzmsft_0-1651633747517.png

Pbix in the end you can refer.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BI_Noob , need a better sample. I think it same as Continuous streak : https://youtu.be/GdMcwvdwr0o

Hi Amit, 

I watched the video and I'm not too sure if it's the same. Attached you'll find a sample dataset. Here's how I got the column to calc what I'm trying to accomplish

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 1.11.34 AM.png

=AND(SUM(SUMIFS([Online Orders],[Date],[@Date],[StoreId],[@StoreId],[Hour],[@Hour]),SUMIFS([Online Orders],[Date],[@Date],[StoreId],[@StoreId],[Hour],[@Hour]+1),SUMIFS([Online Orders],[Date],[@Date],[StoreId],[@StoreId],[Hour],[@Hour]-1)) = 0,
SUM(SUMIFS([Phone Orders],[Date],[@Date],[StoreId],[@StoreId],[Hour],[@Hour]),SUMIFS([Phone Orders],[Date],[@Date],[StoreId],[@StoreId],[Hour],[@Hour]+1),SUMIFS([Phone Orders],[Date],[@Date],[StoreId],[@StoreId],[Hour],[@Hour]-1)) > 0)

@BI_Noob , Please provide the same in table format. So that I can try.  Copy paste from excel.

Hi Amit,

Please see below;

Sample Dataset 

Sorry copy and paste from excel causes an error so I had to create link to file. Let me know if this helps explain. I sincerely appreciate your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.