Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ahmedusam
Frequent Visitor

Stop refreshing data when i click a content

Hey there,

I have these 2 visuals.

ahmedusam_0-1644923134754.png

1. When I click anything from the top chart, the list is shown in the below table.

Now the idea is when i click a content from this table, I want other visuals (not included in the pic) to show the details of this particular item.

2. Whats happening is when i click an item from the table, the whole list gets refreshed (as shown in diagram below). I dont want it to get refreshed so that I could click on the next item easily.

ahmedusam_0-1644924984530.png

Could anyone instruct me how to not refresh this table when i click the item?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ahmedusam ,

Now I get what you are trying to do. 

Use Ctrl+Click to make the selection in your bottom table rather than just click.

So it retains top chart selection along with 2 rows and then Ctrl+Click to select one of those 2 rows in the bottom table.

This should solve what you are looking for. 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
shoab02

This generally happens when you have columns from two different tables on a table visual. Use columns from a single table and the table visual will not be refreshed once you click a value

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @ahmedusam ,

You can disable the edit interactions on the top chart by selecting the bottom chart, so when you select anything on the bottom chart, it won't filter the top chart.

See the document below on how you can change this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

I actually don't want the below table to refresh when I click content on it.

The solution given by you is not to refresh the top chart right.

HI @ahmedusam ,

If you are looking for a scenario, where you click on a dat-point on a visual and don't want that visual to change that won't happen. This is because Power Bi tries to highlight your selection on the visual.

But you always have option to select another row in the table which is not selected as first selection though it is not highlighted. See below:

t2.gif

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Apologies, if i am not able to write down my issue clearly.

When I clicked planning, the 2 items under planning is shown in the table below.

ahmedusam_0-1644925958241.png

Then when i click 1 item from this 2 items under planning, the table gets refreshed fully as shown:

ahmedusam_1-1644926010655.png

I dont want the table to get refreshed until i select something from the top chart.

Hi @ahmedusam and @jpBlue,

Could you find a solution for this problem? This issue is really annoying! 😑

Dear @Pragati11 and @serpiva64,

Using CTRL+Select or "Edit Interactions" didn't prevent refreshing the table after the first selection, unfortunately.

Any other solution is highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Farhad

@ahmedusam did u have a solution for this? I do have the same issue 😥 my table completely refresh when i click on a certain row 

That works. But, there is no other way to simplify more?

Like if I forget to press ctrl, I would have to go back again. 

Hi @ahmedusam ,

That's how it works currently on a Window's machine - which in my way is very intuitive for selecting multiple things using ctrl key is windows users do on daily basis.

I think using it a couple of times makes a habit.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @ahmedusam ,

Now I get what you are trying to do. 

Use Ctrl+Click to make the selection in your bottom table rather than just click.

So it retains top chart selection along with 2 rows and then Ctrl+Click to select one of those 2 rows in the bottom table.

This should solve what you are looking for. 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

hello, i would like to ask if there is a new approach in this scenario, like when i click my second table, it refresh all the data,

Thanks 

serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi,

it is not completly clear what you need but i think you can try to change the edit interactions from here

serpiva64_0-1644923870246.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.