Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stock min and max from a slicer in new table in dax

Hello ,

I use a slicer which use a limit min date and limit max date.

I want stock the min date, which is a measure in a new table in DAX. But on the new table I want stock online one value which the min , not a list of date ...

It's possible ?

Thanks for you help.

4 REPLIES 4
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

if you by new table mean a new table in your model, that is not possible. Tables and columns in Power BI are not recalculated by slicers.

If you want to visualize a table in the report canvas, that is doable, but you specifications are a bit vague. Could you add a sample dataset and a mock-up of what you want your output to look like?

Cheers,
Sturla

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @sturlaws ,

To try to resolved my problem I have tried to use "Excel logic" with DAX and Power Query. But in the result, I have constated that in "viewer mode" in app.powerbi.com , the user can't interact with the DAX formulas.

I'm analyst and not a developer .Due to this, I have tried to transpose a "Excel logical" in Power Bi with .

After several days to study the wanted result , in I have found a technical in DAX which use "measure" and "VAR".  But I'm not sure that in complexe case it's possible to obtain concluante result due to a great number of parameter.

I can share 2 pbix . If you want see the logic inside ?

I have seen a "idea", in the part of web site of powerbi , for that Microsoft develop a component to interact between an input field with dax, with all data and the local datamart to Power BI .

I can to illustrate my idea in Excel to see a "model" of the wanted table/matrix.

Thanks for your help

if you can share a pbix-file, that will be great

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sturlaws,

Here are the files : https://gofile.io/?c=bB9aWG

Please note that you can't "update" or "actualize" data . There are only in memory.

I had to an Excel to see all calcul that I want in several reporting. It's to see the logical in Excel to translate this in Power BI

Thanks for you help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.