Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Betty888
Helper II
Helper II

Standard deviation calculation through Power query

Dear all, 

I have an issue with a Power BI File using big data sources. After a quick analysis, I realised that my DAX queries are the reason behind the slowness of my file, so I'm trying to convert most of my DAX queries to the Power query editor. 

I have an issue with the calcultion of Standard deviation for a DATA column that I have to calculate by Grouped data and I can't use the "Group by" function, I need to have an additional calumn containing the standard deaviation . 

Here below the DAX formula that was percectly working for me and that I want to convert to Power query : 

TRT_STD =
CALCULATE ( STDEV.S ( ASSESSMENT [DATA] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[group.data] ) )

Thank you in advance for your help ! 

1 REPLY 1
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Although sometimes it is necessary to pre-calculate stuff to improve performance, I would stick with DAX and optimize your model if necessary. This will make your calculations responsive to slicers and overall provide more flexibility in reporting/analysis. Is your model a star schema? How many values in your visual?

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors