Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Speech recognition in Power BI is not working on windows 10 on Laptop

Speech  recognition in Power BI  is not working on windos 10.  Can you please help me in setting up the Speech recognition  and walk  me through steps on how to  use  the Speech recognition and then translate that speech  in to text automatically  and then should show me the  data in  Visual Graph  or  TABLE  ( required KPI) on Power BI Server. All this should happen automatically without any manual interaction.  I mean recognize speech then translate to text and then display the  data in visual graph (or) table.

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean the Cortana feature in Power BI?

If it is, you could have a good look at this document about how to active Cortana for Power BI.

In addition,  if you want  "All this should happen automatically without any manual interaction'' , I'm afraid that we may not achieved that currently in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I have goen through the posts/threads and It is not claer to me that Voice command works with Power BI+Cortana or not?

On My system, Voice command is not working but if I type an existing .pbix, it is working.

My Power BI Report Name is 'Mobile Adoption Report'. In Cortana, If I type Mobile Adoption Report, It shows report and give options 'Open in Web' or 'Open in App'.

When I try to do same thing using voice command 'Hey Cortana' 'Open Mobile Adoption Report in Power BI', It takes me to https://www.bing.com sear engine.

So my question is Voice commands work on Windows 10 on Laptop? If yes how can I setup?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.