Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hengqiiiiii
Frequent Visitor

Specific Text Reference in PowerBI

Hi, currently I am struggling with text reference in PowerBI. I would like to create a card function in PowerBI, which shows the text in a specific cell from excel database. The text in the cell will change if I modify some parameters in the excel database, and I would like to make PowerBI also change the text in card function. For example, I would like to create the card in PowerBI shows the text in E3 cell, could anyone teach me how to achieve this function? Thanks a lot!powerbi.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hengqiiiiii,

I made one sample for your reference. Here we need to add an index column in excel or power query. Then you can use the measure as below to achieve your goal.

Measure = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[E]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[index]=3))

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hengqiiiiii,

I made one sample for your reference. Here we need to add an index column in excel or power query. Then you can use the measure as below to achieve your goal.

Measure = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[E]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[index]=3))

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank, thank you so much for your kind help! It is really useful and I am so grateful that you take time to help me solve the problem!

Best wishes,

Hengqi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.