Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pdupreez
Frequent Visitor

Specific Record missing from Slicer

I have a strange issue. I have a Sales related model, with a Customer dimension table, a Product dimension table, Date dimension table, a Budget Fact Table and a Sales Fact Table with the related relationships defined. All the different tables come from separate spreadsheets, except the date dimension table which is a calculated table.

I create a stacked bar graph of say Sales per day, and have as a slicer of the Product name coming from the Product dimension table.

I see in the graph Product A, B, C and D, but in the slicer only Product A, B and C is showing, without any filter

It does not make any sense to me, and I have not been able to identify why that is the case. It does not matter if I use a slicer or a table (where only the ProductID is shown), the record for Product D refuses to show up. The ProductID exist in the Sales fact table on specific invoices, and exist in the Product dimension table, so it is definitely there.

It shows up fine in graphs, tables with multiple fields etc

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@pdupreez

Does this Product D has empty or 0 fact data in your fact table? If facts for this Product is empty or involved calculation (measure) returns 0, it might be excluded in your slicer automatically. Please click Product field of in your Slicer, select "show items with no data" to see if Product D can be displayed.

4.PNG

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Where is your slicers coming from? Which table??

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks for your question. It is from the dimProducts dimension table, not from the SalesFact table, which only contains the ProductID

Strange behaviour. Is that possible to post a complete file to look furhter into this issue.

There could be many reasons and I would like to make sure that before I go ahead providing you a solution, the data model should be checked.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.