Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

somecallmedave

Some Rows Not Accessible/Viewable When Filtering by Date/Time Column

Hello,

One of our database tables has a date/time column that has dates going back to at least 2018 that can be seen in the Power Query Editor window (Figure 1).

We noticed that data in rows for 2018 do not appear in visuals, as can be seen in a table visualization of that column (Figure 2).

When troubleshooting in the Power Query Editor window, I tried sorting the dates in ascending order and it will not display entries before 03/01/2019 (Figure 3). Also when filtering rows by this date/time column for entries before 03/01/2019, it returns an empty table.

Any idea why that data is inaccessible even though it can be seen in the Power Query Editor window?

Figure 1Figure 1

Figure 2Figure 2

Figure 3Figure 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BeatrixKiddoBM
Regular Visitor

It is possible that some of the data in your table has been archived and your preview is showing an out of date snapshot of the data. Try refreshing the data connection and preview and seeing if the dates that can't be sliced or filtered are still there. 

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BeatrixKiddoBM
Regular Visitor

It is possible that some of the data in your table has been archived and your preview is showing an out of date snapshot of the data. Try refreshing the data connection and preview and seeing if the dates that can't be sliced or filtered are still there. 

Cheers!

This seems to be exactly the issue! The old data was not there in preview this morning.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @somecallmedave 

If you could see 2018 data in data view in power bi desktop.

7.JPG

If possible, could you please share your sample pbix file for us to have a test, that will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @somecallmedave ,

I understand that you see data from 2018 in Power Query,

You do not see data from 2018 in the Report view if you add the date column to any slicer, after you have refreshed the data.

Check the following:

1. Is there a step in the PowerQuery query that filters out dates from 2018
  2. Do you see dates from 2018 in the data view, after you have refreshed the data
  3. Are there page level filters that prevent the use of 2018 data
  4. Make sure there are no hidden slicers on the page, sometimes this happens if one is experimenting with slicer synchronization and hidden slicers. Use the selection view to make sure there is no hidden slicer
    TomMartens_0-1594839251098.png

Hopefully, this provides some new ideas

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.