Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer keeps going off from Visualizations pane

My slicer goes off from visualizations pane, As soon as i log in with my credentials the slicer goes off from pane. If i dont log in/ use another account slicer still stays there in visauli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to resolve this issue by myself as per the below pic, i just said restore default visuals. I got slicer back.

soumyasam_0-1612286389433.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

I have tried all other options as soon as i sign in then only slicer disappears, but with out sign I can see slicer in visualisations pane. I cleared the cache and restarted the Power BI desktop several times it does not help. IS there any hidding option which i might have selected/ It might be a bug. Is it something based on profile settings that i use to login, Is there anyway i can reset my profile for PowerBI.

Hi @Anonymous ,

As far as I know, there is no special options for a slicer to hide it in power bi dekstop. Based on my test, whether signing in or out, the slicer is alsways in the visualization pane(power bi desktop version: 2.88.802.0 Dec 2020).

1.png

1.png2.png

About.png

In addition, after installing power bi desktop, it is unnecessary to modify the profile settings.

If clearing the cache is not useful, you can try to re-install the latest version of power bi desktop(2.88.802.0 Dec 2020) to check it again.

If you think it could be a bug, could you please provide your test version of power bi desktop( you can find it in Files - About) to let us better to reproduce it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will reinstall to power BI desktop if that can help. Attached is the screenshot for the test version to reproduce

soumyasam_0-1609860644678.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have tested again with my team members using the same version of power bi desktop but still could not reproduce it, the slicer is always there whether signing in or out as I previous posted.

If reinstall power bi desktop is not helpful, I would suggest you to create a support ticket here for further support.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Community Team,

I somehow not able to create a ticket on this. Is it because i am using the free version of Power BI rather than Power BI Pro and Power BI premium.

Hi @Anonymous ,

To create a support ticket, you need to have a Power bi Pro licence.

support.png

Best Regards,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous is it happening in power bi service or desktop? Can you provide more context? Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey sure,

For timebeing i will reinstall power BI desktop again and see if that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi parry,

Reinstall did not help as well just to update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

soumyasam_1-1609349359738.png

As you can see the above if I login then i dont see slicer in visualisation pane, where as if i dont login then i can see the slicer back in pane, its only disappears when i logon. Dont worry the data above is from Contoso/adventure works data.

@Anonymous , I tried in Dec-2020 with both login and logout; with new and old file. I am able to see Slicer.

Make sure you are on latest version. Windows patch is updated.

If needed most, in Options and setting there is an option to clear cache. Try that

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , that sound strange. Can you share some screenshots ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see the below screenshots it appears before sign in after i sign in slicer disappers automatically as per the second screenshot. Even reinstalling did not help. It is Power BI desktop

before Signing in:

soumyasam_1-1609862108093.png

No Slicer after i login

soumyasam_0-1609861988648.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to resolve this issue by myself as per the below pic, i just said restore default visuals. I got slicer back.

soumyasam_0-1612286389433.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.