Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NavaneethaRaju
Helper IV
Helper IV

Slicer field issue

Hi, 

I have a many to many relationship between two tables. Pbi_csm_case_request_fact, Pbi_csm_case_detail_fact via Case ID column.

I have a surgery date in Pbi_csm_case_detail_fact there, i created Mon-YY field for filtereing data based on Month with Year. If i used a created field in slicer. and using that slicer the i filter sep month it showing only sept month remaining months are disapearing.

(Figure 3)but while using fields from Pbi_csm_case_request_fact table, the slicer was filtered sept month , but oct and nov month was not disappearing its still showing null values.

Figure 1:

NavaneethaRaju_0-1669112106888.png

Figure 2:

NavaneethaRaju_1-1669112127180.png

Figure 3:

NavaneethaRaju_2-1669112155595.png

Measure in using fields from same table- 

report 1(Figure 2):

Cancelled =
    DISTINCTCOUNT(  'Case Detail Fact'[Case ID]),
        'Case Detail Fact'[Case Status] = "Cancelled")

report 2(Figure 2):

Lending Cancel =
CALCULATE(COUNT('Case Request Fact'[Request ID]),FILTER('Case Request Fact','Case Request Fact'[Status]="Cancelled"))

Please advice
1 REPLY 1
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

I don't think rewriting any measures is going to be helpful.  You need to sort the model first.

I see that all the relationships are 'both' directions and they all appear to be many-to-many.

Get yourself a star schema with dimension tables filtering fact table and then write your measures.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.