Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

selected_
Helper IV
Helper IV

Slicer don't change according to RLS

I have build a report with 5 different slicers that coming from 5 DIM tables, but when vewing in specific role then the slicers don't appear to adjust according to that role. Instead, all options remain available within the slicers, irrespective of the role-based view I'm in.

when viewing the report under a specific RLS role, the slicers should only present data relevant to that role. However, the desired slicer behavior only occurs after I make a selection in the first filter and until then it will show the values in the second filter and then choose for second filter then it will show for what are data in third filter. So I also need to choose one by one so the next filter gonna filter only based what are data in previous filter.

I tried by fixing it by checking the box "Apply secutiry filter in both directions" in the data modell but I can only do it for one table.

Is there any way to fix that?

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @selected_ ,

If I understand correctly, you apply RLS on the table(s) and create some slicers with the fields from dimension tables. But the slicer option display not effected by RLS. Am I right? According to this official documentation, RLS rely on well-designed relationships to ensure RLS filters propagate to other model tables. RLS filters only propagate through active relationships. So, avoid using the LOOKUPVALUE DAX function when model relationships could achieve the same result. Could you please provide the following info for the further investigation?

• How did you set the RLS? And in which table(s) set RLS? Dynamic RLS or static RLS?
  • How did you create the relationships among the tables(fact and dimension tables)?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.