Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sriparvathy
Regular Visitor

Single Date Picker for a parameter bind date column.

Hi,

I am using Direct Query mode.

purpose: To fetch the user selected date- which directly take data of that perticular date from the database. Also I need put a datepicker to make the user selection easy.

Path : 1) created parameter-RangeStart

2) assigned it to the query to get the data for this date.

3) In power bi, I binded the date column to the parameter RangeStart.

4) After I put a the date column in the slicer, so that user can select his/her preferred date to get values.

5) Here, when I tried to apply a datepicker, the slicer shows only default options for text format.

6) but my parameter and date column is in date format.

Kindly help me to figure out, how to get a datepicker in this.

This is my query,

Query="select * from CUSTOMER WHERE TRUNC (createddt) = '"&DateTime.ToText(RangeStart,"dd-MMMM-yyyy")&"'"])

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sriparvathy,

Perhaps you can try to add a custom field in SQL statement to convert the text field value to date and use it as source of the slicer. (The parameter should bind to the text field)

Then you can try it to confirm if the filter from same table field can interact with binding parameter and apply filter effects to the backend query table. If they do not work, I think it may means this feature only work on the text fields at the present.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.