Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

VisM
Frequent Visitor

Showing Back Dated Finance Outstandings

Hi All,

I have a request from Finance team for Accounts Receivable Outstanding Dashboard, to creat a possibility/ Filter to go back on the past months (at least 12 months) to show that Months Outstandings till that month.

Ex: For the Month of March 2023 my Oracle Data gives me As On Date total Outstandings always, although I should create a possibility to filter to Outstandings As On Jan 2023's month end, or Outstanding status to the As On DEC 2022.

If Outstandings are static we could have a static back dated tables saved in DB, although the data in past Outstandings also change sometime, so those backdated tables shall be refreshed.

• To tackle this My Oracle team have provided Query, with provision to pass a Date as parameter to pull the Particular date's data.

• Although I am in view to not use a Direct Query data connection to a dashboard with multiple calculations.
  • As a standard procedure I request Data Table Views with read only access and Map it to a centralized SQL data base which act as a datawarehouse.
  • In this case Oracle team is not able to provide it as a View ( for back dated data, which could change for past entries) hence provide a Query to pull the data 

Please help me if someone has handled a back dated data scenario, Do we need to create some alternate way of data extraction structure in Oracle.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

@amitchandak Thanks for suggestion, although Incremental will not support for Fiancial Outstandings. 

I believe somehow I still have to save past instances in the DB, and may have to refresh those instances at a scheduled basis to capture any changes done on past data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.