Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show rolling 13 months on charts by selecting month on slicer (with empty months included on charts)

Hi PBI-ers!

I'm trying to adjust my chart to alter based on the slicer selection to show rolling 13 months on charts by selecting month on slicer (with empty months in this period included on chart).

Measure I'm using is a 13 month (to be precise 13 points on rank) SUM (summed values based on filtered 'rank column' starting at "selectedvalue" to "selected value-12"). 

I have used rank instead of date intelligence functions here and the rank is also on the slicer.

• I tried using 'show items with no data' on bar chart but I get all the blank values from past periods I don't want to show i.e   < selectedvalue-12 
  • I tried adding 0 to my measure but it also adds 0 to the unwanted ranks  i.e   < selectedvalue-12
  • I tried using a TOPN filter on filter pane to show last 13 months, but it makes the chart static, while I want it to dynamically adjust to selected rank

The workaround I'm thinking of is to have a measure which lists 13 rolling ranks until selectedvalue and to put it to the TOPN filter pane.

Is it a way to go? Could you help me create it?

Many Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if this post is helpful: Display Last N Months & Selected Month using Single Date Dimension in Power BI.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Checkout if the link below helps

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Show-last-13-months-based-on-user-single-slicer-selection/td-p/64214/page/2

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.