Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sampow123
Frequent Visitor

Show relevant measures for a selected option in the slicer

Hi, I want to show active features for a given business in my data. For this purpose I have a measure for each feature, when the result of the measure is "1" it means the feature is active for the selected business and "0" means the feature is inactive for the business. I have a scenario where I want to show only active feature names (where measure/s = 1) for the selected business. There will be a slicer on top of the page where the user can select a Business (about 1000k+ options)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Sampow123 ,

Here are some steps that I want to share, you can check them if they are suitable for your requirements.

Here is my test data:

vheqmsft_0-1703755154918.png

1.Create a fields parameter based on the column and measure you want to show as a table

vheqmsft_1-1703755186857.png

2. Use column Business as field of slicer

vheqmsft_2-1703755211267.png

3.Apply Measure_Value  as value of visual-level filter

vheqmsft_3-1703755228733.png

4.Final output

vheqmsft_4-1703755251160.png

If this is not the outcome you were hoping for. Please provide detailed sample data and the results you are hoping for. So that I can help you better. Show it as a screenshot or Excel. Please remove any sensitive data in advance.

Best Regards,

Albert He

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Sampow123 ,

Here are some steps that I want to share, you can check them if they are suitable for your requirements.

Here is my test data:

vheqmsft_0-1703755154918.png

1.Create a fields parameter based on the column and measure you want to show as a table

vheqmsft_1-1703755186857.png

2. Use column Business as field of slicer

vheqmsft_2-1703755211267.png

3.Apply Measure_Value  as value of visual-level filter

vheqmsft_3-1703755228733.png

4.Final output

vheqmsft_4-1703755251160.png

If this is not the outcome you were hoping for. Please provide detailed sample data and the results you are hoping for. So that I can help you better. Show it as a screenshot or Excel. Please remove any sensitive data in advance.

Best Regards,

Albert He

Thanks Albert. 

In my case I have a Business Table that has unique business names. Features are columns, a business might or might not have a feature active. To determine active features for a business, for each feature I have a measure that equals to 1 or 0 (1 if the feature is currently active or 0 if it's not active). 

In my report I only want to display the features that are active for a business. For example; If user selects Business1 then only display names of features that active (where the measures for the respective features = 1). I need to display a list of these active features for the Business selected.

How can I use these measures to display that kind of a list? I thought I can create a measure using SWITCH function but It requires me to mention every business name which is not possible as its a long list. 

Sampow123
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Can you elaborate?
In my scenario, When user selects a particular business in the slicer I only want the active features for that business to be displayed
For example: Feature1 measure = 1 then display "Feature1", IF Feature2 measure = 1 then display "Feature2", IF Feature3 measure = 0 then DO NOT display Feature3

I want to display these active features as a list potentially.

CoreyP
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Just add your measure to the filter pane of the visual where the value is 1.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.