Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

cognosuser
Frequent Visitor

Show Advanced filtering to "is" when published to service

Hi,

In Desktop under Filters/Filter type you have option of Basic filtering and Advanced filtering.  

When I save as Filter type: "Advanced filtering" and Show items when the value: "is":

cognosuser_0-1701459106036.png

When published to service, it takes whatever the value is first in the drop down of the selection, so in this case, it changes it to
"is less than".  Is there a way to keep what I had on Desktop which was "is"?
Basically what I want to accomplish is for the user to type in all whichever filter they want and then click on the "Apply" button to run the report.

cognosuser_1-1701459310272.png

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
cognosuser
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Idrissshatila ,  
I don't want to hide the filter, I want the filter to default to "Advanced filtering" and "is" when published to the service for all the filters:

cognosuser_0-1701461032387.png

thanks

Hello @cognosuser ,

unfortunately, this won't happen automatically. this should be configured manually.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

cognosuser
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Jaypattel07,  but there are too many columns to have slicers for each of the columns.

Then in that case its better to have one default value in the filter like this and the users can change it

jayppatel07_0-1701464117731.png

If the users want to remove the values they can just click on the erase button on the each filter

jayppatel07_1-1701464213238.png

Thanks @jayppatel07 ,  

That solution is fine if you have few filters, but forgot to mention this report has over 50 columns so wanted to avoid putting dummy value on all 50 columns and have user click on erase button.

I'm assuming its just the functionality of Power BI but was hoping there is way to do.
thanks!

Yes. Its the functionality of Power BI. However if you want to try just try creating slicer page such as this one

jayppatel07_0-1701470752107.png

where you can be creative and add in search button in there and squeeze it in multiple filters where users can search through all. sharing this youtube video which shows how you can create that page which syncs with multiple pages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcR60hJhT8

Thats the only approach I can think of. 
If you find anything please do let us know as well

Thanks
Jay

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @cognosuser ,

yes you can hide the filter so it won't show in service, in this case they won't be able to edit it.

Idrissshatila_0-1701459984801.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

jayppatel07
Frequent Visitor

If you are just trying to achieve that its better to have a slicer on EMPNO and just have search enabled in there

jayppatel07_0-1701459847806.png

https://radacad.com/search-bar-in-power-bi-slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.