Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pavan363
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint usage stats report in Power BI

Hi All

I have requirement to create sharepoint usage stats report in power bi, there is usage report in sharepoint online where I can export 90 days of stats to CSV manually and create report, I would like to automate the approach.
Tried Office 365 Admin Center application re-use and Power shell script
Is there any other way which we can generate or consume share point usage stats report in Power BI.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
pavan363
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous I have looked into it but no use if you can share any documentation which you have implented for the simila usecase that would be great Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used the Graph API before, but we did manage to get PBI usage data out of the PBI Admin API which I would guess is similar. It required setting up an app in Azure for the authentication and used an SSIS package. I'm not a data engineer so not my area of expertise - I would personally try this because I'm more Python-inclined: https://github.com/O365/python-o365 

Hi @Anonymous  I am looking for share point usage stats, have done research from my side couldn't able to complete the working solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to do it the easy, manual way, you can export the data from the O365 audit logs in the admin portal. There's an activity type in there that is for viewing items in SP. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked into the MS Graph API? https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/sharepoint-site-usage-reports?view=graph-rest-... 

It'd require some data engineering work, but you should be able to get something out of there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.