Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nicci
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint choices column and Power BI charts

Hi All,

I am using a sharepoint list and have a choices column with a bunch of options like 'Oil Change, Car Wash, Maintenance', etc. for car stuff that people enter the date of service and select multiple service types in the drop down.

When I import into Power Bi that column comes over as 'List'. What do I do to essentially get a bar chart created to do basic counts like 'how many oil changes were there in a month vs car wash' even if 1 service has both they should be counted in both graph bars.

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nicci 

Please refer to my solution in the linked discussion, including a link to the pbix.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Visualization-of-a-multiple-choices-list-in-a-bar-...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nicci 

Please refer to my solution in the linked discussion, including a link to the pbix.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Visualization-of-a-multiple-choices-list-in-a-bar-...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

This did help as when I was in the transform data screen and went to convert the column I found that there was only one option for the list column which was to seperate them as rows. As soon as I did that it created a row for each multi-select option that was in there and the IDs were duplicated to then group them if needed. It did exactly what I needed from there! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.