Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

juanfgonzalez
Employee
Employee

Share your thoughts on the new Power BI Home in Desktop, now enabled by Default (Preview)

We're thrilled to announce the release of the new Power BI Home, now enabled by default! We're eagerly anticipating your feedback on this game-changing update. Our primary goal is to revolutionize your content discovery experience, ensuring seamless access to the right information within Desktop.

But wait, there's more! We're working on making some improvements for future releases, and your input is key to shaping the Power BI Home. We genuinely value your thoughts and insights, so please don't hesitate to share them with us.

And that's not all! Want to dive deeper into the new Power BI Home in Desktop? Check out our comprehensive documentation, where you'll find all the details.

12 REPLIES 12
slaneyg

Being unable to clear the recents makes it unusable

AMT
Regular Visitor

Totally dislike it.

It hope it will always be option to disable it.

Thanks for the feedback, can you elaborate on why you dislike it?

unable to clear recents.  I have a bunch of old copies of dashboards I can't get rid of in the new interface.  I wish I had a "clear unpinned dashboards" option to flush the screen of old stuff.  If I make significant changes to a dashboard, I will make a copy and name it dashboard_name_20240410.pdb and scoot it away.  I really just want to use <dashboard_name>.pdb but now the recent items list shows all of my old versions.  Or if I delete or move a pdb file saved locally, the pdb still appears as a recent item and if I click it, it says it can no longer find it.

Riny_vE
Frequent Visitor

For me the experience is quite different. I was irritated by the new set-up from the start and couldn't figure out how to clear the Recent item list, and get my pinned items back. Until today, that is. I switched this preview 'feature' off.

Thanks @Riny_vE . your comment guided me to where I could solve that issue.
In agreement totally with all other comments on this thread. The feature is not helpful, I had it recommend things that I hadnt opened in over a year and I need a clear list as we use the same file but move location of it every month and this recently opened feature was becoming cluttered and uphelpful.
I have now reverted it back to the 'old style' where the get started menu option shows so I can clear my lists when needed.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am trying to understand in more detail why you wanted to clear your recent item list. We are currently working on giving users the capability to pin their items on this list, and I was wondering if you could provide us with more insights to help us improve the product

I work mostly with max 10 reports and do a lot of testing in between. I don't want to see the test files in my recent list as they are in most cases not relevant after a short while. Pinning favorits is great. Just as it in the "Get Started" screen. Furthermore, I'm not at all interested in what the program 'Recommends' for me. For instance, I had a report that looked at COVID cases world-wide two years ago. I have abandoned that report but it still showed up as the third recommended report. To be blunt, I don't need the program to think for me. I do that myself. So, if you wish to automate a start-up screen, fine. But the user must be able to opt-out and decide for him/her self.

I have the same problem. I need to be able to clear the recent list. I work as a consultant and trainer and need to show my Power BI Desktop to clients and students from time to time and can't have other clients' reports showing in the recent files list. For now I can turn off the preview feature to clear the list, but would prefer not having to do that.

I could copy and paste Pauls statement. Same scenario (consultant & trainer) and solution (turn off the preview feature to clear the list) here!

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @juanfgonzalez 

I'm also glad to know that Power BI home is enabled by default, I think this new feature is very empowering. Looking forward to more new features.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

That is awesome to hear! Thank you for letting us know, Yulia!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.