Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set default date on date slicer

Hi, 

Is there any way to put a default date for today or yesterday in the visual data slicer?

For exemple today is 4/23/2020 but when i open the report the slicer is:Capture.PNG

Is there any way to open the report whenever the data slicer has the default date today or the day before? For example, in this case the slicer should have today's date 4/23/2020

Does anyone know how to solve this? can someone help me?

Best Regards,

JO

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Maybe you could use relative date filter in Filter Pane.  Then the between date slicer will still show date range.

1.PNG

Please reference:

Using the relative date range filter 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You can check following article to create a slicer with custom defaults: (99+) Custom Range Date Slicer in Power BI with dynamic defaults and more... | LinkedIn

danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @danno ,

Obviously i saw this solution, because i also searched on google, but it doesn’t help with anything i wanted.

Best Regards,

JO

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, please mark the helpful answer as the solution. Then we will be able to close the case. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xuding-msft , 

yes, but what I intend is that whenever the report is refreshed the maximum slicer date is updated to TODAY

Best Regards, 

JO

Hi @Anonymous ,

It will update with current date automatically. It is not a static date range.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi @Anonymous ,

Maybe you could use relative date filter in Filter Pane.  Then the between date slicer will still show date range.

1.PNG

Please reference:

Using the relative date range filter 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.