Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EBGAL
Helper III
Helper III

Set Company Logo through Power BI Theme

Hi,

I have read through some tutorials where it is shown how to set page wallpaper and background via Power BI theme json editing.

Example here: 

https://web.archive.org/web/20210515162514/https://www.cathrinewilhelmsen.net/custom-power-bi-themes...

I thought to try and add a company logo to the theme file so it appears on the top of every single page.

It aparently can be done via setting visualStyles -> page -> background -> url but this does not seem to work for me.

I am using both background (canvas) and outspace (wallpaper) setting for the theme:

EBGAL_0-1680864980577.png

Can anyone suggest a soluton to this?

Thanks

Evan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @EBGAL 

After testing, If you want to change the size of the image, you can only change the size of the canvas, but currently you do not support using JSON to change the size of the canvas.

You can refer to the following links.

Solved: Change default page dimensions with .json theme. - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EBGAL 

Try to translate the image to base64 file, use a free online converter to convert the images to Base64 files.

Then add the code.

The following website can translate the image to base64.

Base64 Image Encoder (base64-image.de)

And you can refer to the following video.

Power Bi : Set image as permanent background for all pages - Bing video

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft ,

I can set a picture, but what I am after is to have company logo appear on the top right of every single page report developer creates.

If I use logo image it appears in the middle or covers whole canvas area, not keeping to the corner.

Thanks

Hi @EBGAL 

You need to set the properties of the image visual by json, cannot directly add it to the background.

You can refer to the following link.

Add formatting options to a Power BI custom visual - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

JSON theme legend position - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft ,

It is not a visual that I am talking about but a background image.

I want company logo appear as a background image in top right regardless of page size.

Currently, I can create an image with company logo to match the size of the standard canvas and then use it as a background image via Base64 url. However, in case developer uses custom canvas size the image goes distorted. 

In other words, is there a way to set coordinates to background image, as it currently only allows Fit, Fill and Normal?

Thanks

Hi @EBGAL 

After testing, If you want to change the size of the image, you can only change the size of the canvas, but currently you do not support using JSON to change the size of the canvas.

You can refer to the following links.

Solved: Change default page dimensions with .json theme. - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.