Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

proudmama
Regular Visitor

Selections

I found Power BI earlier this week, and my manager and I love what we see so far. 

With that said, I have a question.  I have my data model created and relationships established between 4 SQL tables via DirectQuery.  I have 4 matrixes and 6 stacked bar charts on a report; each groups by a field and counts a distinct ID.  When I select something from a matrix, all the other matrixes and bar charts update as expected HOWEVER if i make a selection in another matrix and\or bar chart, all the matrixes and bar charts updates to the current selection. 

If there are 1,000 names in the department that I selected, I want to be able to make another selection from another matrix and\or bar chart to narrow those names and export the results.

Any help?  I checked the cross filter direction of the relationships, and tested it and t hat doesn't change anything.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

If you holt CRTL when making your second selection it should combine the two selections.  One item to note, if you are making the selection on bar charts, you want to click on the axis label rather than the bar.  In the visual below I CTRL + clicked on the two headings outlined in red.

MultiSelect.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

If you holt CRTL when making your second selection it should combine the two selections.  One item to note, if you are making the selection on bar charts, you want to click on the axis label rather than the bar.  In the visual below I CTRL + clicked on the two headings outlined in red.

MultiSelect.jpg

Perfect, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.