Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

joshua1990
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Select always the current week within Slicer

I have a simple slicer where every user can select a specific week to review.

Is there any way to automate this slicer in a way that always the current week is selected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshua1990 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your issue .

You want to return the value of current week date and then through numbers in the slicer to filter the data . You can use TODAY() and WEEKNUM() to return the latest number .

(1)Create a column to get the week number of the date .

week number = WEEKNUM('Table'[Date])

(2)Create a column to judge the date whether belongs to the current week .

current week number = IF(WEEKNUM('Table'[Date])=WEEKNUM(TODAY()),1,0)

(3)Add a slicer with the field [week number] and put the [current week number] in slicer visual filters , set the value of the [current week number] to 1 .The current date is 09/14/2021 and week number is 38 ,so the return week number in slicer should be 38 .

Ailsamsft_0-1631599278960.png

(4)Select the number and filter the data you can see a result like this .Then you need to create again a column to determine whether the date is before the current date, in order to return the latest date belonging to the current week .

Ailsamsft_1-1631599278964.png

current date = IF('Table'[Date]<=TODAY(),1,0)

Put the [current date] in table visual filters and set it to 1 .The final result is as shown :

Ailsamsft_2-1631599278966.png

I have attached my pbix file , you can refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TuesdayApril
Helper I
Helper I

Create a week offset column in your date table and filter slicer to 0 as current week

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshua1990 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your issue .

You want to return the value of current week date and then through numbers in the slicer to filter the data . You can use TODAY() and WEEKNUM() to return the latest number .

(1)Create a column to get the week number of the date .

week number = WEEKNUM('Table'[Date])

(2)Create a column to judge the date whether belongs to the current week .

current week number = IF(WEEKNUM('Table'[Date])=WEEKNUM(TODAY()),1,0)

(3)Add a slicer with the field [week number] and put the [current week number] in slicer visual filters , set the value of the [current week number] to 1 .The current date is 09/14/2021 and week number is 38 ,so the return week number in slicer should be 38 .

Ailsamsft_0-1631599278960.png

(4)Select the number and filter the data you can see a result like this .Then you need to create again a column to determine whether the date is before the current date, in order to return the latest date belonging to the current week .

Ailsamsft_1-1631599278964.png

current date = IF('Table'[Date]<=TODAY(),1,0)

Put the [current date] in table visual filters and set it to 1 .The final result is as shown :

Ailsamsft_2-1631599278966.png

I have attached my pbix file , you can refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @joshua1990 ,

You can use hasonvalue function to show the latest week if the user selected nothing in slicer.

(this is not the answer that youre looking for, I know. Just to give you an idea)

Hope this helps

AntoineTRICHET
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @joshua1990 

You can refer to this previous post : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/latest-date-in-the-slicer/m-p/890375#M426880

Please accept it as a solution if it solved your issue

Thanks! But I don't want to add a Value like "Last week" into the slicer. I want to have numbers in the slicer and always filtered on the latest week.

Hi @joshua1990 

I am not sure it is possible. I searched for the same functionnality 6 months ago without success. I only find the solution I shared with you.

Good luck 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.