Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

nikhil77492

Select All in Slicer

Hi All,

I have a specific requirement in slicer, for selecting all. I am aware there is select all option we can enable under Format section. Below is my scenario.

Suppose I have a folder structure like A\B\C\D. Where A is the root folder and B is subfolder and so on till D. Also there is possibility that all folders (A,B,C,D) can have multiple folders inside them.

I want to select all folders under B, hence i created a slicer for folder structure and

enable search (screenshot attached) and typed A\B (Also enabled Select All option under selection control under format tab but as soon as I am typing anything in search box select all option is gone). It listed out all folders under this path like below:

A\B\EF

A\B\G

A\B\H

A\B\I

and so on

I want to select all folders under B. Yes I can do manually, but if folder count is much more it is very impractical. Hence could you please help me to do this in better way, may be some workaround also would be fine.

Hope I am clear with my requirements. Above is possible in Excel but need in Power BI please as file size is huge and struggles to open. Please let me know if you need any clarification.

Hoping for quick turnaround.

Many Thanks in Advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi nikhil77492

As I know, you can use slicer to select the data source such as folder. As a workaround, in query editor, you can create a query parameter which can let you change folder by selecting parameter. Please refer to this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppM-mLckQfs

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi nikhil77492

As I know, you can use slicer to select the data source such as folder. As a workaround, in query editor, you can create a query parameter which can let you change folder by selecting parameter. Please refer to this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppM-mLckQfs

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.