Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ofeklevy
Frequent Visitor

Secondary Y-Axis for Multiple Line and Bar Chart

Hey,

I have a graph with 4 lines and 1 bar value.

3 of the lines and the bar chart hover to approximately the same value, and so a second Y-axis isn't necessary to differentiate between those.

I want to add that fourth line chart whose values only reach about a fifth of those of the bar chart and so I need a secondary Y-axis for THIS value alone.

Currenly I know how to create a secondary Y-axis but when I do it applies to ALL the lines, or to the bar chart, while I want it to apply only for 1 line.

Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ofeklevy,

By default, the secondary Y-axis option applies to all lines in a chart. Currently, it is not available to make it only apply to one specific line. I would suggest you submit your request at this page: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas If this idea is mentioned by many users, our product team will consider adding this feature in later release.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Not possible. It's all or none. Of course you could use an R visual but your ask isn't available out of the box.

Unfortunately I read that R visuals through PBI Desktop only process 150,000 rows, while my data set is much bigger.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.